The Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society goes above and beyond operating the Cannery National Historic Site to enrich the ways in which we preserve and promote Canada’s West Coast fishing history. Private donations provide key support for these additional activities.
Society projects include:
- Producing annual feature exhibitions highlighting different aspects of the fishing industry
- Publishing four books about BC’s fishing industry
- Creating an online database of historical photographs of BC’s fishing and canning industries
- Coordinating the annual “Fishing the West Coast” photo contest celebrating the modern fishing industry
- Producing a resource guide to help teachers educate about the history of canneries in BC
To make a donation:
All donations receive a tax receipt. Donations may be made by cash or cheque, in person or by mail. Please indicate the name of the donor for tax receipt purposes. Or, donate with your credit card now through Chimp.
For more information on donating to the Society, please contact: Stephanie Halapija, Executive Director by email or by phone 604.664.9192.